TWIG Protector Ex
The Intrinsically Safe 3G/GSM/GNSS Lone Worker Alarm for Explosive Hazardous Areas
Scalable by Options:
TWIG Protector Ex - Specifications
Compatibility and Communication
TWIG Protector Ex can communicate with all systems using MPTP (Mobile Phone Telematics Protocol) both SMS and GPRS. Tracking and alert messages include information on GPS / TWIG Beacon location, speed, heading and battery charge.
Provisioning and Security
- Remote or local configuration
- Authorization of remote and local access
- Water proof (IP67)
- Shock resistant
Ease of Use
- Dedicated ergonomic SOS button
- LCD display with guiding symbols
- Pre-programmable Quick dial / status keys
- AmberAlert key
- ManDown control key
- Answer / End call
- Power On/Off
Key Telematics Functionality
- Alert through SOS button
- Automatic ManDown alert (tilt, non-motion)
- AmberAlert (timer alert, local + server-based)
- Two-way 3G/GSM voice with speaker option
- Device and user status messages
- Interactive on-screen messages
- GPS / TWIG Beacon SRD tracking*
Brief Technical Specification
- Dimensions: 28 mm x 47 mm x 99 mm
- Weight: 94 g including battery
- Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Built-in GSM and GPS antennas
- Operating temperature -20°C..+40°C
- High performance 48-channel receiver
- Time to first fix: Hot start 1 s; cold start < 35 s
- AGPS feed: Extended ephemeris over GPRS
- Configurable opt-out and roaming block
- Extended ephemeris on-board generation
- Motion based GPS control
- Rechargeable 1300 mAh Li-ion battery
- Typical operating times, GPS/GPRS reporting**
7 days (1 GPS report / hr)
4 days (1 GPS report / 10 min)
24 hours (1 GPS report / min)
8 hours (1 GPS report / 5 sec)
Up to 25 days (GSM standby only)
• Recharging time*** < 3,5 hrs for 100%
Sales Package Content
- TWIG Protector Ex GPS/GSM unit with integral
- Charger of choice (mains / car)
- Quick user guide
• II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
• Zone 1 Category II Gas intrinsically
safe temperature class 4
- TWIG short range devices (SRD) tranceiver
- Leather carrying case (II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb)
- TWIG Beacon SRD indoor/outdoor location unit
(II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb)
- Charging Station*****
- Car charger + car holder*****
- USB programming cable*****
- TWIG Tag SRD active RF tag*****
Product images are indicative only. Twig Com reserves right to change all information without prior notice. Communication is only
possible within GSM network coverage. GPS location requires sufficient signal, typically only available outdoors. *Some product
versions only. **Operating times may vary substantially depending on environment. ***Charging only above 0°C and below 40°C.
****Requires appropriate central station implementation. *****Not for use inside ATEX areas. TWIG is a registered trade mark of
Twig Com Ltd.
Alert triggers include alarm button, automatic ManDown function, Amber alert and optional TWIG Button wireless alarm. Predefined emergency protocol transmits last known user position and opens two-way voice connection to alarm receiving centre (ARC).
High-performance GPS receiver with turn-key AGPS feed is complemented with TWIG Beacon indoor location.
Excellent operating times even in continuous GPS monitoring are achieved through advanced technology and large-capacity battery.
Fully remotely configurable, the TWIG safety alarm is fast to deploy and flexible to operate. Also USB programmable, either manually or using saved file.
TWIG Integrator Kit resources enable integrating TWIG devices with alarm receiving centre. Optionally the TWIG WebFinder SP software provides a turn-key solution for testing or deployment. Or receive alarms and reports on your smartphone as SMS with web link, opening up Google Maps view.
The TWIG personal safety alarm including a short range devices (SRD) transceiver can receive alarms from several TWIG Button wireless alarms, determine its position from nearby TWIG Beacon locating devices also when GPS signal is not available, and register attendance by swiping TWIG Tag RF identifiers.
TWIG Protector Ex Advantages
Class for gas: II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4 GB Class for dust: II 2 D Ex ib IIIC T130°C Db
Only 99 grams, IP67 waterproof, shock resistant, excellent battery life
Automatic ManDown alarm, Amber alert, two-way voice with speaker, device and user status messages, GPS and indoor tracking
TWIG Product Offer - More Than a Device
Chargers, batteries, wearables, and car solutions - all compatible with TWIG personal alarms.
Extended warranty, custom sales box configuration, custom device settings, customer SIM card provisioning, device mid-life upgrades, central station service provider model...
TWIG personal alarms are remotely and locally configurable with selected settings. Read more about device configuration.
Visit our Support site to find answers to your questions and contact information to ask further questions.
TWIG personal alarms can be complemented with short range devices, a turn-key central station and AGPS feed. TWIG Integrator Kit enables integrating TWIG devices with alarm receiving centre.