TWIG Protector Ex
The Intrinsically Safe 3G/GSM/GNSS Lone Worker Alarm for Explosive Hazardous Areas
Product code: FO-3GMAN-ZO-ERT
Scalable by Options:
Selectable Mobile Network: 2G/3G
GNSS options: with GNSS
ManDown options: with ManDown
TWIG Protector Ex - (TUP92EU) Specifications
Compatibility and Communication
Communicates with all systems using MPTP (Mobile Phone Telematics Protocol) both SMS and GPRS. Tracking and alert messages include information on GPS / TWIG Beacon locating devices, speed, heading and battery charge.
Provisioning and Security
Remote or local configuration
Authorisation of remote and local access
NOTE! Programming allowed only with TWIG Ex USB cable of device type FME92EU.
- Dimensions: 18 mm x 45 mm x 94 mm
- Weight: 114 g including battery
- Waterproof (IP67) and shock resistant
Key Telematics Functionality
Manual alert through SOS key
ManDown++ alarm with four automatic alert triggers: device orientation and non-movement, free fall and impact
Amber alert (timer alert, local + server based)
Two-way 3G/GSM voice with speaker
Device and user status messages
Interactive on-screen messages
GPS / TWIG Beacon SRD tracking*
II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
II 2 D Ex ib IIIC T130°C Db
VTT 16 ATEX 040X / IECEx VTT 16.0009X
Key technical features
Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
5-band 3G (800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
Built-in GSM, SRD and GPS antennas
- Operating temperature -20°C.. +40°C
- Alert tones
- Rechargeable 1300 mAh Li-ion battery
- Typical operating times, GPS/GPRS reporting**
- 7 days (1 GPS report / hr)
- 4 days (1 GPS report / 10 min)
- 24 hours (1 GPS report / min)
- 8 hours (1 GPS report / 5 sec)
- Up to 25 days (GSM standby only)
Recharging time*** < 4 hrs for 95 %
NOTE! Charging allowed only with TWIG Ex charger of device type CME92EU (or with USB cable FME92EU).
- High performance 48-channel receiver
- Multi constellation GNSS receiver (GPS, Glonass, Galileo and BeiDou)
- Time to first fix: Hot start 1 s; cold start < 35 s
- Extended ephemeris on-board generation
- Motion based GPS control
- AGPS via TWIG Point Services
Display and keys
- Dedicated ergonomic SOS key
- Backlit LCD display with guiding symbols
- Pre-programmable quick dial / status keys
- Power On / Off / End call
Sales package content
- TWIG Protector Ex personal alarm device with integral battery
- TWIG Ex USB cable and TWIG Ex charger with adapter of choice (EU/UK/AU)
- User and safety documents
Optional device features
- SRD (short range device) compatibility*
TWIG ATEX SRD devices:
- TWIG Beacon Ex SRD locating device*
Non-ATEX SRD devices:
- TWIG Beacon SRD locating device*
- TWIG Tag SRD RF identifier*
- TWIG Button SRD wireless alarm*
Software and resources
- TWIG Configurator PC app
- TWIG FirmwareLoader PC app
- TWIG WebFinder monitoring SaaS
- TWIG Integrator Kit for ARC integration
TWIG Point Services
- Remote Configurator: turn-key service to manage all device settings over the air
- Netloc: turn-key cellular location service
- AGPS: turn-key service to speed up GPS
Product images are indicative only. Twig Com reserves right to change all information without prior notice. Communication is only possible within mobile network coverage. *Optional device feature. **Operating times may vary substantially depending on environment and device settings. ***Charging only above 0°C and below 40°C. ****Requires appropriate central station implementation.
Alert triggers include alarm button, automatic ManDown function, Amber alert and optional TWIG Button wireless alarm. Predefined emergency protocol transmits last known user position and opens two-way voice connection to alarm receiving centre (ARC).
High-performance GNSS receiver with turn-key AGNSS feed is complemented with TWIG Beacon indoor location.
Excellent operating times even in continuous GNSS monitoring are achieved through advanced technology and large-capacity battery.
Fully remotely configurable, the TWIG safety alarm is fast to deploy and flexible to operate. Also USB programmable, either manually or using saved file.
TWIG Integrator Kit resources enable integrating TWIG devices with alarm receiving centre. Optionally the TWIG WebFinder SP software provides a turn-key solution for testing or deployment. Or receive alarms and reports on your smartphone as SMS with web link, opening up Google Maps view.
The TWIG personal safety alarm including a short range devices (SRD) transceiver can receive alarms from several TWIG Button wireless alarms, determine its position from nearby TWIG Beacon locating devices also when GPS signal is not available, register attendance by swiping TWIG Tag RF identifiers, and register comings and goings with to the door frame attached TWIG Door Sensor.
TWIG Protector Ex Advantages
Class for gas: II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4 GB Class for dust: II 2 D Ex ib IIIC T130°C Db
Only 99 grams, IP67 waterproof, shock resistant, excellent battery life, two-way voice with speaker...
The SRD3 option provides the hybrid indoor location with TWIG Point Netloc service activated in device
TWIG Product Offer - More Than a Device
Chargers, batteries, wearables, and car solutions - all compatible with TWIG personal alarms.
Extended warranty, custom sales box configuration, custom device settings, customer SIM card provisioning, device mid-life upgrades, central station service provider model...
TWIG personal alarms are remotely and locally configurable with selected settings. Read more about device configuration.
Visit our Support site to find answers to your questions and contact information to ask further questions.
TWIG personal alarms can be complemented with short range devices, a turn-key central station and AGPS feed. TWIG Integrator Kit enables integrating TWIG devices with alarm receiving centre.