TWIG Protector Pro Ex
The Intrinsically Safe 3G/GSM/GNSS Lone Worker Alarm for Noisy and Demanding Explosive Hazardous Areas
Product code: EMW-3GME-ZMW-EEN0
Selectable Mobile Network: 2G/3G
GNSS options: with GNSS
ManDown options: with ManDown
TWIG Protector Pro Ex - (TUP92EU) Specifications
Compatibility and communication
- Communicates with all systems using MPTP (Mobile Phone Telematics Protocol) both SMS and GPRS.
- Tracking and alert messages include information on GPS / TWIG Beacon locating devices, speed, heading and battery charge.
Provisioning and security
- Remote or local configuration
- Authorisation of remote and local access
- NOTE! Programming allowed only with TWIG Ex USB cable of device type FME92EU.
- Dimensions: 28 mm x 47 mm x 99 mm
- Weight: 119 g including battery
- Waterproof (IP67) and shock resistant
- Tactile silicone keypad for firm grip
Key telematics functionality
- Manual alert through SOS key
- ManDown++ alarm with four automatic alert triggers: device orientation and non-movement, free fall and impact
- Two-way 3G/GSM voice with speaker
- Device and user status messages
- Interactive on-screen messages
- GPS / TWIG Beacon SRD tracking*
- II 2 G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb
- II 2 D Ex ib IIIC T130°C Db
- VTT 16 ATEX 040X / IECEx VTT 16.0009X
Key technical features
- Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- 5-band 3G (800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
- Built-in GSM, SRD and GNSS antennas
- Operating temperature -20°C +40°C
- High-power speaker-phone
- Powerful vibrator and alarm tones
- Rechargeable 1300 mAh Li-ion battery
- Typical operating times, GNSS/GPRS reporting**
- 7 days (1 GPS report / hr)
- 4 days (1 GPS report / 10 min)
- 24 hours (1 GPS report / min)
- 8 hours (1 GPS report / 5 sec)
- Up to 25 days (GSM standby only)
- Recharging time*** < 4 hrs for 95 %
- NOTE! Charging allowed only with TWIG Ex charger of device type CME92EU (or with USB cable FME92EU).
- High performance 48-channel receiver
- Multi constellation GNSS receiver (GPS, Glonass, Galileo and BeiDou)
- Time to first fix: Hot start 1 s; cold start < 35 s
- Configurable opt-out and roaming block
- Extended ephemeris on-board generation
- Motion based GPS control
Display and keys
- Dedicated ergonomic SOS key
- LCD display with guiding symbols
- Preprogrammable quick dial / status keys
- Answer / Assistance call
- Power On / Off / End call
Sales package content
- TWIG Protector Pro Ex personal alarm device with integral battery
- TWIG Ex USB cable and TWIG Ex charger with adapter of choice (EU/UK/AU)
- User and safety documents
- Optional device features
- SRD (short range device) compatibility*
- TWIG ATEX SRD devices:
- TWIG Beacon Ex SRD locating device*
- Non-ATEX SRD devices:
- TWIG Button SRD wireless alarm*
- TWIG Tag SRD RF identifier*
- TWIG Button SRD wireless alarm*
Software and resources
- TWIG Configurator PC app
- TWIG FirmwareLoader PC app
- TWIG WebFinder monitoring SaaS
- TWIG Integrator Kit for ARC integration
TWIG Point Services
- Remote Configurator: turn-key service to manage all device settings over the air
- Netloc: turn-key cellular location service
- AGPS: turn-key service to speed up GPS
Product images are indicative only. Twig Com reserves right to change all information without prior notice. Communication is only
possible within GSM network coverage. GPS location requires sufficient signal, typically only available outdoors. *Some product
versions only. **Operating times may vary substantially depending on environment. ***Charging only above 0°C and below 40°C.
****Requires appropriate central station implementation. *****Not for use inside ATEX areas.
Alert triggers include SOS key, automatic ManDown function and Amber alert. Predefined emergency protocol transmits last known user position and opens two-way voice connection to alarm receiving centre (ARC).
High-performance GNSS receiver with turn-key AGPS feed is complemented with TWIG Beacon indoor location.
Excellent operating times even in continuous GPS monitoring are achieved through advanced technology and large-capacity battery.
Fully remotely configurable, the TWIG safety alarm is fast to deploy and flexible to operate. Also USB programmable, either manually or using saved file.
TWIG Integrator Kit resources enable integrating TWIG devices with alarm receiving centre. Optionally the TWIG WebFinder SP software provides a turn-key solution for testing or deployment. Or receive alarms and reports on your smartphone as SMS with web link, opening up Google Maps view.
The TWIG personal safety alarm including a short range devices (SRD) transceiver can receive alarms from several TWIG Button wireless alarms, determine its position from nearby TWIG Beacon locating devices also when GPS signal is not available, register attendance by swiping TWIG Tag RF identifiers, register comings and goings with to the door frame attached TWIG Door Sensor.
TWIG Protector Pro Ex Advantages
Approved for gas (II 2 G Ex ib IIc T4 GB) and for dust (II 2 D Ex ib IIIC TT130°C Db)
Powerful alert tones and vibrating alert, 119 grams, IP67 waterproof, shock resistant, excellent battery life
High-power speaker boosts two-way communication and powerful vibrating alarm helps sensing alarms in noisy sites.
TWIG Product Offer - More Than a Device
Chargers, batteries, wearables, and car solutions - all compatible with TWIG personal alarms.
Extended warranty, custom sales box configuration, custom device settings, customer SIM card provisioning, device mid-life upgrades, central station service provider model...
TWIG personal alarms are remotely and locally configurable with selected settings. Read more about device configuration.
Visit our Support site to find answers to your questions and contact information to ask further questions.
TWIG personal alarms can be complemented with short range devices, a turn-key central station and AGPS feed. TWIG Integrator Kit enables integrating TWIG devices with alarm receiving centre.